Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Explosion Day

We had Explosion Day last week when my friend Jesse came over. Earlier we made volcanoes out of paper mache and we painted them. Here we are with our volcanoes and my sister:



This is my volcano:



There is a Lego guy on top because he doesn't know it's a volcano because it never erupted before.

We made the eruption by putting baking soda in the volcano and then putting vinegar with red food coloring in it in the volcano:



And that made it erupt!



Poor Lego dude on the top! The Lego dudes on the bottom were floating in the lava.

Another part of Explosion Day was Mentos and Coke. Mine worked better than Jesse's because all of his Mentos didn't fall in. Here is his:




And since Jesse's was so small, he was drinking it as it came out!

My mom couldn't take a picture of mine because it happened so quickly.

And we also almost had digestive explosions because we had Hubba Bubba bubblegum ice cream and Mentos for a snack.

Ka-boom!

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex and Andrew said...

(alex dictating) Poor little Lego guy! I like the volcano. Did I tell you about the Mentos & Diet Coke?? I have always wanted to try that, but we could not find the Mentos!!

1:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home