Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Basketball Blog

I went to a UVA basketball game with my dad and some of his friends on Sunday evening. It was my first full basketball game and it was my first UVA basketball game and it was my first visit to the new arena (John Paul Jones).

When I got there I was pretty much just bouncing off people because it was so crowded. But in some spots you could still move.

My mom packed me $20 to spend for food. I spent it on hamburgers, fries, a drink, and cotton candy, which came later. During the game there were games that people did during breaks. One was when there was a guy and they had challenged him to hit a golf ball into a hole for $50 and Pepsi combo. And he got it! There was one game where there was a contest. It was a free throw contest. One person had on an orange jersey and the other had on a blue jersey. Whoever rooted for the color who got the most free throws would get something, but I forgot what it was.

And here is a picture of the cheerleaders on the court:



And here is a picture of the Cavalier:



And this is a picture when they finished introducing all the players for the Cavaliers:



Here are the Cavaliers warming up:



And here is the scoreboard before the game started (it cost $8 millions!):



And here is me and my dad. I'm on the left and dad's on the right.



I was wearing a UVA-colored striped shirt and a glow necklace which came from the stadium.

I had a REALLY good time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a great time. All the talk about food made me hungry!

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home